As a System Engineer at Telesoft you will work as a part of a project team, alongside skilled and experienced individuals who are motivated to deliver and support Telesoft products in the ever changing landscape of the cyber security industry and telecommunications.
You will use tools as an engineering professional and apply them in a controlled environment to ensure projects are delivered on time, to quality and to budget.
During your time as a Systems Engineer you will work on a number of new and old products delivering a number of disciplines including; Management, Software Engineering, Application Support & Maintenance, Systems Engineering & Architecture, Project Management, Technical Sales and Marketing and Operations.
- Build, release and configuration management of products
- Take lead on project activities within the team to ensure delivery of perfect testing, installation and support.
- Use programming languages such as C, python and bash to create test tools and automate tasks.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing lab and production systems (both hardware and software) to ensure availability, performance, scalability and security of systems
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services to create development and testing environments
- Creation of product document and test specification from user requirements
- Design and create automated test cases to fully confirm functionality of products against requirements and resolutions to identified faults
- Understand products and deployments to provide outstanding support to customers
- Product troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Work alongside engineering teams to integrate products, whether it is a new product, new functionality or a resolutions to a problem on an existing product.
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Function Knowledge
- Communications for Results
- Openness to Learning
- Problem Solving
- Systems Thinking
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with software and mix of operating systems including UNIX, LINUX and Windows
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, RobotFramework, Kickstart, Selenium and/or Docker
- A knowledge and practical use of Python programming language
- Ability to manage a complex set of evolving information
- A technical knowledge or interest in IP packet and telephony technologies
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- A knowledge of mobile network technology
- Strong presentation skills – experience presenting technical information to groups
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Computing related degree
- A knowledge of Local Area Networks (LAN)
- A knowledge of PC and server hardware
- A knowledge of creating and executing test cycles
- An understanding of testing methodologies
This position will be required to provide first class guidance and leadership to junior members of the team such as graduates and apprentices.
UK and overseas travel will be required to deliver installation services, support and training when required in accordance with business needs.
WORK AUTHORISATIONS/SECURITY CLEARANCE
This role requires high level security clearance.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Customers, System Testing team, Customer Support team, International Leads, Department Heads, Directors and Engineering Managers/Engineers.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Non Contributory Pension scheme
- Private Health Care Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Free on-site parking