Working as a Hardware engineer within our Research & Development team you will be responsible for designing and testing high performance packet processing cards through to production release. Telesoft is a trusted vendor of FPGA based extreme line-rate packet processing cards and appliances that accelerate cyber security applications by offloading high CPU consumers such as signature matching, meta-data extraction and tagging.
- Identification and selection of components for new and existing products.
- Schematic capture of designs using Altium Designer.
- Working in conjunction with the PCB layout and simulation engineer.
- Understanding the system requirements, translating these into a design and validating the design implementation meets these requirements.
- Producing design documents for components being developed based upon agreed requirements, system design specifications and relevant standards specifications.
- Learning and use of key programming tools and test equipment required for use during the prototyping stages of a design.
- Creation and completion of modification document for prototypes, as required, and user documentation for production released products.
- Create footprints
- Component Database management – PCB, footprint & 3D model libraries
- Create PCB doc.
- Import schematic data and/or changes
- Liaise with fabricator and setup design rules.
- Placement, Routing and Tuning.
- DRC (Design Rule Check)
- Prepare fabrication and assembly data to communicate our requirements to sub-contract PCB fabrication and assembly houses.
- Create panel doc.
- Create output jobs.
- Release Data.
- DFM, DFT (Design for manufacturability, Design for testability)
- Producing 3D modelling of components required for the operation of products.
- Liaising with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Results & delivery orientated – deliver required business results
- Self-starter – able to find your own motivation for accomplishing a task
- Problem Solving – ability to identify errors and explore the options available for resolving them and completing the task
- Positivity – showing you have the openness and flexibility to work in a dynamic company whilst maintaining a positive, open and objective attitude towards others
- Attention to detail – able to see and pay attention to details and to verify or correct any errors
- Customer Focussed – keeps internal and external customers in mind at all times
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant degree – e.g. electronic engineering
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar role / environment
- Ability to read and understand component datasheets and apply the requirements to the schematic capture of designs
- Good working knowledge of Altium
- Experience in a variety of operating systems e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows, Solaris
- Understanding of firmware testing methods.
- Significant product design experience of complex, mixed signal multi-layer (22+) PCB designs and the management of associated debug and integration issues
- Experienced in the layout of high-speed multi-layer PCBs including micro-via technology, stackup constraints and controlled impedance traces.
- Solid knowledge of high-speed design techniques.
- Good understanding of EMC/EMI and mitigating potential issues
- Design experience including the use of PowerSoC Modules, 2500+ pin FPGA’s, CPLD, DDR4 and other high-speed interfaces
- Experience in programming languages VHDL or Verilog.
- Understanding of System Architecture philosophies.
- Knowledge of IP networks
Occasional travel may be required in accordance with business needs
WORK AUTHORISATIONS/SECURITY CLEARANCE
SC security clearance is required for this role.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension scheme
- Private Health Care Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free on-site parking
- And more…