As an Automation Engineer, you will work as a part of a project team, alongside skilled and experienced individuals who are motivated to deliver and support Telesoft products in the ever-changing landscape of the cybersecurity industry and telecommunications. You will use your technical expertise to ensure that software programs and products meet performance expectations before they’re produced and sold. Working with hardware and software systems, you will be testing products that are being developed to ensure products operate properly and are ready for production or distribution.
Part of the role involves creating a strategy for testing specific products; this may include using existing testing tools or creating automated scripts. You will be required to run tests to gather relevant information about how the product performs and use the test data to determine if there are issues that need to be addressed prior to end-user access.
During your time as an Automation Engineer, you will work on a number of new and legacy products delivering a number of disciplines including; Test Strategy Management, Test Plan Definition, Test Execution and Review.
- Perform FAT, SAT and UAT cycles, in attendance with customers where required.
- Build, release and configuration management of products
- Take lead on project activities within the team to ensure delivery of detailed and complete test cycles, internally and externally facing
- Use programming languages such as python and bash to create test tools and automate tasks
- Accountable for the quality of all software released, and test completion reports
- Provide guidance and best practices for both functional and non-functional tests
- Deploy, automate, maintain and manage lab environment systems (both hardware and software) to ensure availability, performance, scalability and security of systems
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services to create development and testing environments
- Creation of product documentation, including Test Case Specifications from user requirements, Test Plans, Test Strategies and Test Reports.
- Design and create automated test cases to fully confirm the functionality of products against requirements and resolutions to identified faults